Sign in to follow this  
Guest lindner

Transparent Dish performance

Guest lindner

Do transparant satellite dishes perform well regarding digital (Astra) receipts or is a regular aluminium dish preferrable. An answer is highly appreciated.

Guest activ

Transparant dishes can, when constructed well ben comparable to regular dishes.

A regular dish will however always get more signal.

So, if you need something inconspicuous you could use a transparant dish with a good LNB if it doesn't matter just get a regular one.

Guest lindner

Thanks for prompt reply!

As I assume the proper bending of the dish matters for the relection of the signal to the LNB, I understand from your answer that the model of a regular dish is usualy better shaped. Or is there another reason why regular dishes perform better?

In my situation the problem is to receive a signal because of trees. The only solution is to mount the dish at the front of the buiding. In order to mitigate the bad looks, I consider to use a transparent dish. I think I can afford a little bit less performance because of the area (south of Eindhoven), so I'm in the Astra area. Nevertheless, it's obvious ofcourse that a maximum receipt should be tried to achieve. Therefore, can you recommend certain brands of tranparent dishes or is there only one type/make available?

Because I was not familiair with this site, I posted my message in the English language but I'm native Dutch spoken, so..

Anxious to receive a reply on the above,

Greetz,

Rob