Canal+ NL in het buitenland

O

outside

Hello,

You can write in Dutch if you want.

I am moveing back to sweden, but would like to watch dutch television (NL1-3, NET5, RTL4-5 etc.).

Can anybody please tell me hot to do it.

If I buy a CanalDigital card for +/-75 euro what do I do about the activation and the registration (Inschrijfformulier).

Mvr.

Svend

As you probably know, what you want is not supposed to happen.

However it does happen once in a while that someone abroad is watching the dutch channels via an original subscription.

What you would need to toi to achieve this for yourself, is to find a good and trustworthy friend overhere in the netherlands.

This friend will have to register and pay your subscription for you.

If you have some friends, no doubt you can arrange something like this.

You'll need to keep in touch with that friend all the time you want your subscription, in case of any problem so she/he needs to make a phonecall to C+.

Finally you'll need to pay the fees for the subscription to your friend, and i suggest an extra beer to that.

That should take care of business.

To make the story complete you should know that there are some rumours about a spotbeam, supposably for the dutch region too.

This would mean that the signals transmitted from the satellite are specificly aimed at this region and therefore are very hard to receive from a greater distance.

But still this are rumours so if all you want is te receive the relatively cheap "free" channels it could be worth to try, even if this doesn't last very long.

Thanks,

If I choose not to take the Set Top Box I suppose that I do not have any yearly costs. And therfore do not have to use a friend. Then why not just choose this.

The provider is supposed to do an annual check for the validity of the address you supplied upon application/registration.

If this does not match, your subscription will be aborted.

Also, officially the subscription ends after this year.

After that, you would need to re-register and pay fees for that.

These fees will cost you more than this set top box pack.

This pack also "contains" an automatic prolongation of your subscription.

So if you choose not to take advantage of the set top box pack, you risk loosing this and to pay for continuation of the subscription by re-registring.

Risk, because lately i haven't heared people complaining about this and so i guess C+ simply continues all subscriptions now.

Furthermore, whenever you get into trouble with your subscription, you'll need to call C+.

Such phonecalls will only be accepted by C+ if you call their 09XX pay number, and these numbers cannot be called from abroad.

Lately there is an internet site where you can go to re-activate your subscription card if some activation code was missed.

But be assured the traffic on such a site is monitored and your IP will be logged to see where you are connecting from.

This is a dead giveaway for a subscription that was not meant to be.

All in all you can go for the simplest and cheapest way and be happy ever after, but if you want a bit security built in, you'll need a friend over here.

When I was on vacation in Italy last summer. I was in an apartment owned by a dutch company. They provided sattelite reception of the dutch channels. Is this allowed because it's a dutch company, therefore have a dutch adress, or whate the rules changed?

Rules never changed, you need a Dutch address. They use the company's addres, but in fact this is not allowed. Therefore also normally you need to pay for a whole year at once to this company.

Same goes for Premiere cards if you buy them in the Netherlands for example.

Hosting Fun

Advertenties

Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan