Humax dreiging (The true story inside)

R

redneck eyeball

Net gelezen op CS Digitale Welt, bericht van Grover.

Da's dus de persoon die die mails heeft gefaked ...

CU

Red

Well well well, it looks like it’s time for me to come clean…

Yes it was me that hacked the Humax smtp server and send these e-mails:

Nasty bugger mode on:

=========================

To: humfree@satstation.net

Dear Webmaster,

It has come to our attention that your website, "HUMFREE" located at http://www.humfree.de , http://www.satstation.net <http://www.satstation.net> and http://www.satstation.net/diram/humaxfree.html <http://www.satstation.net/diram/humaxfree.html> has activated links to unauthorized copies of Humax firmware available for download, which has been altered in a way in contradiction with our intellectual prophecy rights. This letter constitutes a demand that you immediately cease offering these links and remove all such references from your website. Humax is the owner of numerous copyrights and trademarks in its STB firmware. As the owner of such copyrights, Humax has the exclusive right to authorize Humax STB firmware. Your unauthorized activities with respect to linking to unauthorized copies of Humax firmware constitutes contributory copyright and trademark infringements. This letter constitutes a notice to you that your actions are illegal and may subject you to criminal prosecution and civil liability. We will be monitoring your website to see if you are in compliance with the law and reserve the right to take all steps necessary to protect Humax intellectual prophecy rights.

Sincerely, Humax Legal Department

Mr. J Y Lee

Humax Legal Dept.

Unit 1, Jubilee Road

Newtownards

N. Ireland

--------------------------

To: humfree@satstation.net

Dear Webmaster,

Referring my last e-mail of Friday March 23, 2001:

I thought we made clear that we would like you to remove any links and software which is clearly Meant to modify Humax STB firmware only. Altering Humax firmware is in contradiction with our intellectual property rights. We demand that you immediately cease offering these links and remove all such software and references from your website. Your actions are illegal since this software is clearly meant for altering our original copyrighted firmware only. Removing the references to the product name Humax is not sufficient since your website has been known to spread this software in the past and the name "Humfree" is clearly related to our product.

I am sorry you did not take our first letter seriously and displayed it on your website. My e-mail is meant for you personally and I will not have this letter displayed on your website again. I would also like you to remove my e-mail address from your website immediately.

You need to understand that we are under a lot of pressure by some of the Digital Pay-TV providers using the Irdeto or Irdeto related encryption system. Therefore I send you this last friendly warning to take all Humax related links and firmware of your website.

We will be monitoring your website to see if you are in compliance with our request and we will take legal action via a court subpoena immediately if the mentioned links and firmware are not removed by 08.00h GMT Tuesday, March 27 2001.

Mr. J Y Lee

Humax Legal Dept.

Unit 1, Jubilee Road

Newtownards

N. Ireland

-------------------------------------

To: abuse@geocities.com

Dear Webmaster,

It has come to our attention that a website on your server located at has activated links to unauthorized copies of Humax firmware available for download, which has been altered in a way in contradiction with our copyrights. This letter constitutes a demand that you immediately cease offering these links and remove all such references from your server. Humax is the owner of numerous copyrights and trademarks in its STB firmware. As the owner of such copyrights, Humax has the exclusive right to authorize Humax STB firmware. The unauthorized activities of one of your members with respect to linking to unauthorized copies of Humax firmware constitutes contributory copyright and trademark infringements. This letter constitutes a notice to you that these actions are illegal and may subject this member to criminal prosecution and civil liability. We would kindly like to ask you to remove this member from your server.

Mr. J Y Lee

Humax Legal Dept.

Unit 1, Jubilee Road

Newtownards

N. Ireland

Nasty bugger mode off :

==========================

Please let me explain:

First off all I studied German 3,5 years (I was bad at it) and I can read it quit well. My writing is shite though, so that’s why I write to you guys in English.

I have been following this interesting board for about 4-5 months now as well as the Humfree site (for quit some time)

There was just a few things that really bothered me.

1. Germans always fight on their own boards. In the UK things are a lot more relaxed.

2. Commercial influences tend to have a strong hand on this board.

3. This whole patch story made me puke.

1. Look at IRDE.TO 4 FREE. This used to be a great board but now it’s just some Mega MOSCI arse wholes cursing and mooning at each other. This board tends to go the same way at sometimes so you guys needed to wake up. I hope I succeeded at that

2. I have noticed that there is a lot of dealers on this page who clearly have a heart for this hobby, but do allow to get their commercial business get in the way at sometimes. (patch example)

3. This patch story made me puke: This patch which was clearly developed by this teebee dude and his mates, and was hardly given any attention on this board when it was commercial. I get the feeling that a few moderators on this board (which are also dealers) where just pissed of because they could not get the patch. It was easy to taste this development just by reading this board a lot and picking up some messages by the teebee dude which where rapidly erased by the board moderator or administrator. I was disgusted by the way some off the people on this board nailed him down, just because he made a commercial altered firmware. Uli Hermann and Mario Bohm made the 4.6SE and 4.7SE patch of the IRDETO CI (yes this is supposed to be a big secret) and yet nobody cries about that!!! They clearly did the patch just for the big money. MASCOM paid them very well. Now somebody else gets up, creates a patch out of moths of work and all you guys can do is piss on him. Shame on you!!! I heard some of the experts say that it was only a 4 byte patch. Well, the first DVD region code patch (in XING DVD) was only 1 byte and still it was a hell of a hack!! Yes off-course this teebee dude was writing some nasty postings on this board, but what would you do if somebody claims to have made a patch that you worked on for months. I’m talking about this Shumi dude who claimed (and still claims) that he did the patch by himself, but all he did was crack it by reading the firmware from the chips and make a binary compare. The current patches are still based on this patch which was obviously created by teebee and Co. and do have been perfectly further developed by Alfredo and Planet Hemp. My respect for that! I just feel that you guys should not nail somebody down for just doing his job. I spoke with teebee a few weeks ago and he told me that he developed this patch for a satellite shop in Holland and worked 4 months on it. At that time there was no knowledge of where the cam code was located and what it would look like. As Alfredo might know the Humax source is a little different as the 4.6se because of the different processor used (MIPS-RISC) which makes it hard to locate. In fact that was the only thing that had cost loads of time. Protection was easy since it was only a system ID. I think it took you guys long enough to find that one out. Anyway think about what you guys say to each other. We are all human (humax eh eh) and there is no need to curse and cry at each other. We all have the same hobby. Things like. “Abzocker Patch” and stuff like that are childish and obsolete. LETS BE NICE TO EACH OTHER.

I just hope you guys can appreciate my joke. Let me tell you guys that I only use my hacking skills for jokes. I never intend to hurt anyone.

HOPE YOU LIKED IT

--==GrOvEr==--

p.s. no need for looking this IP or e-mail address up, since I am an expert in faking forwarding IP's and the e-mail is anonimous freebie mail (accounts have been deleted).

Blijft staan dat het een commerciele hack was, waar (veel) geld aan is verdiend. De beschuldigende vinger naar ook anderen te wijzen doet niks aan dit feit af.

Het is altijd zo geweest dat wanneer hackers die commerciele cracks public maakten, er een lachsalvo door hackersland ging. In dit geval is dit niet anders.

Komt op mij een beetje frusty over......

Vrije menings-uiting a la, maar de manier waarop kan ik niet zo waarderen...

ik ben in ieder geval opgelucht dat Leo er voor niets tussen zit en dat de Hummie zonder problemen verder gepatched kan worden :)

CU

Red

Laten we alleen maar hopen dat die hele discussie niet opnieuw opwaait, ik hoop echt dat we die tijd nu hebben gehad en dat een ieder met de inmiddels bekende gegevens zijn eigen standpunt in deze hebben kunnen nemen.

Moet denktenk wel gelijk geven dat een en ander echt zeer frustie overkomen en wat me opvalt is dat er op en eens hele andere zaken, in het midden gelaten wel of niet waar, er weer bij worden getrokken. Het lijkt er net op dat er zo om de drie maanden ergens wel weer op de satboards wordt gezeurd over deze hele zaak.

Satwatcher

Hosting Fun

Advertenties

Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan