Niet reagerende HD herstellen...?

Bij wdc gekeken en er staat dat de Limited Warranty (wat limited ook mag inhouden) is verlopen op 26-9-2016. Da's balen want het is voor die tijd gebeurd maar is nu dus verlopen. Desondanks email aan wdc gestuurd.

Zal wel niks opbrengen, daarom disk aan ubuntu server gehangen en PhotoRec is nu bezig. Duurt erg lang, maar wie weet...

Dju da's krap. Inderdaad wel verstandig om toch die mail te sturen, wie weet dat ze uit coulance toch zeggen van "we ruilen hem om".

Goede service van WD (nadat we schreven dat we nooit meer een WD hdd zouden nemen):

Thank you for the emails and registering the device, I'm sorry to hear that the data recovery services turned out to be too expensive for you and the software options didn't work.

While the drive is showing as a month out of warranty, if you still have the proof of purchase for the device and if you can send it to me, I will be able to escalate the case to possibly update the warranty. You can do this by simply responding to this email with a copy of your receipt attached.  Please follow the instructions below:

1.      If you have access to a scanner, scan the receipt. You can also use the camera on your mobile phone or a standard digital camera to take a picture of the receipt. If you purchased online, a screenshot of the receipt will suffice.  Make sure that the information on the receipt is clearly visible.
2.      Ensure the file (attachment) is less than 5 megabyte in size.  If your file is larger, your mail may be rejected by our system.
3.      Send your attachment in JPG, GIF, or TIF format. This minimizes the file size, and also ensures that we can open your file successfully.

When the warranty is updated, replacement may be an option for you. Currently as you have taken the drive apart, as you clearly stated it's for data recovery purposes, it won't void the warranty either, just a mark has to be made on the RMA.

Please check whether you still have a proof of purchase for the device and I'll try to assist you as much as possible with this.

a month out of warranty,
Overdrijven is ook een vak he, het is een week niet een maand. :biggrin:
Wel lastig dat je ook de bon nog steeds moet hebben, goed dat ik die ook altijd bewaar.

Dit is ook wel een aparte:
Currently as you have taken the drive apart, as you clearly stated it's for data recovery purposes,
Ehmz.... hoe denken ze anders dat je aan het serienummer van die drive komt?

Maar is wel een goede service, dat is ook een reden waarom ik graag WD koop.

Vandaag een sd 32gb card bleef mekkeren dat hij geformatteerd moest worden. Stonden 2000 foto's op .

Met Easeus data recovery wizard alle foto's gerecoverd en veilig gesteld. Daarna de sd card maar weer slow geformatteerd en gecheckt lijkt in orde te zijn.

Hosting Fun

Advertenties

Terug
Bovenaan Onderaan